Join ABCUL today
What can ABCUL do for my credit union?
The majority of credit unions in Britain choose to join ABCUL and share the rewards of working together through the co-opeartive.
ABCUL is a confident, growing trade association and has been listening to its members to develop a range of new services that deliver value and practical support within a changing regulatory environment.
ABCUL serves its member credit unions in two main ways:
Representing your interests
We represent the interests of credit unions to the regulators, the UK, Scottish and Welsh governments, EU authorities, MPs and Lords through the All-Party Parliamentary Group and other key stakeholders through our extensive lobbying efforts.
In fact, we estimate that in total we return more than £10 in value to the sector for every £1 we receive in dues from our members.
Providing services directly to member credit unions
We offer a range of high quality services directly to our members that are either included in the membership subscription or are provided for an affordable additional fee. These include:
- an industry-leading leanring management system, the ABCUL Academy, to meet the digital training needs of the modern credit union sector. We have well over 850 people from around half of our membership using this powerful tool;
- an online information library covering a range of different areas keeping you updated on the latest issues affecting credit unions as well as business as usual topics;
- an online financial benchmarking tool, ABCUL inSight, to help boards and managers understand the trends in their own business and compare performance against their peers;
- a telephone and email enquiry and support service through a dedicated Member Relationship Manager, and;
- a programme of events throughout the year to educate and stimulate your thinking including our Annual Conference and AGM which takes place each March.
We know our members value the changes we've been making to our services over the last year as our Net Promoter Score more than tripled to +33.
How much does it cost?
Last year, our members supported our Board's proposals to change the way we charge for membership with the aim of making it fairer, more affordable and better value for all credit unions.
We are moving from a system of charging for every active member your credit union has to charging based on your credit union's total asset size. Joining is likely less expensive than you might think so please get in touch so that we can provide you with a tailored quote. Email email@example.com or call us on 0161 832 3694.